Gaming laptop under 65k (INR) India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaibhav_2199

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Hey I'd like to buy a laptop under 60k(INR). I will be using it to watch movies and for light gaming (mostly indie titles like minecraft or the upcoming dusk etc.)
Some other games I would like for it to run -
Salt and sanctuary
Eitr (upcoming)
Death's gambit (upcoming)
Child of light
Ori and the blind forest
Transistor
Neverwinter nights
Baldur's gate
And some of the new AAA titles at low/med settings but stable fps
Thanks for your help ☺

Solution
Honestly speaking laptops in India Suck Big Time. They are usually an older older and I would not recommend them buying in India at all (Especially for Gaming. Ultrabooks are OK to buy but even then you are overpaying).

Most in the range of 65k will have GPU in the range GeForce 940MX which is a year older.

That can run Witcher 7 with 1280*720 in low settings at around 40 FPS. So you can imagine how horribly low settings you will have to use for next 1 years of games.

The best option is to ask someone who is coming from US to bring you one. In that case you will get amazing Laptops at really good prices.

If that is not a possibility you can have them shipped to India. A 699$ laptop with shippings and custom will cost you around...

Vaibhav_2199

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

The laptops actually around 75k here in India when you include the shipping and customs...thanks anyways for the suggestion :)

Vaibhav_2199

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

If you could please help me with another thing....wouldn't something like this (the laptop you recommended) be overkill for the kind of games I listed...

Vaibhav_2199

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

Something portable and kind of inexpensive...also i wanted to know if the integrated graphic cards from the current processors could run such games

Frustrated_1

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Hey ! I understand your scenario. As I am also looking for one in India. And I pretty much have the same budget.
So coming to the main point, India receives laptops too late and that too at piked prices. So you can't expect most of the ones under 65K to run the AAA titles and provide longevity.
The best and latest that we have as of now is the HP Omen starting at 79K on Flipkart. Other than that is the ROG GL552 at a similar range.

Your best shot would be the HP Pavilion series. They provide decent graphics under 60K and my friend got one which cost 56K and can run GTA V smoothly (I'm using GTA V for reference here cause I've honestly never heard of the games you've listed above).
I can't provide the exact model as there are many in the range of 55-65 but you can check and make the pick that suits you best.

Other than that, there are no better alternatives from Asus, Lenovo, Dell or Acer.

But in case you are willing to extend your range upto 70-75, go for ROG or MSi.

Hope it helps

Vaibhav_2199

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

Thanks for the reply....I've kinda been going through the same and so I gave up on playing AAA titles on a laptop ergo now i am looking for something to play graphically less demanding indie titles..

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Honestly speaking laptops in India Suck Big Time. They are usually an older older and I would not recommend them buying in India at all (Especially for Gaming. Ultrabooks are OK to buy but even then you are overpaying).

Most in the range of 65k will have GPU in the range GeForce 940MX which is a year older.

That can run Witcher 7 with 1280*720 in low settings at around 40 FPS. So you can imagine how horribly low settings you will have to use for next 1 years of games.

The best option is to ask someone who is coming from US to bring you one. In that case you will get amazing Laptops at really good prices.

If that is not a possibility you can have them shipped to India. A 699$ laptop with shippings and custom will cost you around 65k. Look for a brand with International Warranty (Like MSI or Asus or Gigabyte). On an 45kLaptop you will have to pay approximately 22k in shipping and customs. In that range you will get a GTX950M (or if you are really lucky you can find a deal for GTX960M). So at your budget I dont think it is worth the hassle. It is upto you in the end.

In India you can get a GTX950M at around 70k. You will have to search through local dealers or ebay.

Solution
Mar 30, 2021
Dell G3 3500 Gaming Laptop:

The Dell G3 3500 Gaming Laptop provides you with a maximum speed of up to 4.5 GHz with the help of its 10th generation Intel Core i5 processor. Besides, it is engineered with a DDR4 8 GB RAM, which has a dual-channel of 2933 MHz and can be upgraded up to 16 GB. Also, it provides you with a storage space of 256 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive, along with 1TB 5400 RPM 2.5" Hard Disk Drive.
Featuring an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, the Dell G3 3500 Gaming Laptop is one of the best Core i5 laptops for serious gamers. It comes with Windows 10 Home Plus Single Language OS and offers you 15 months of subscription to McAfee Security. Also, this Core i5 laptop can give you a battery life of 10 hours at a stretch with its 3-cell, 51 Wh battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS