Gaming on $250 Laptop ?

Jaydee Ramos

Estimable
Mar 20, 2014
I'm going to get my new Lenovo G40 this december and I want to know if it can run some lower end games (or some online games) I usually played Soldier Front, Team Fortress, Battlefield Heroes and CS:GO on my lower end PC and offline games like NBA 2K14, (hopefully 2K15), Minecraft and Black Ops 2. So it will run the games I mentioned ? Just suggest me some lower end games you enjoy that can run my laptop.

SPECS:

LENOVO G40
Intel Celeron N2830
Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail)
2GB RAM
320GB HDD
768p HD Display

Solution
No the Celeron N2830 with the Intel HD (Bay Trail) graphics core is too weak to play games. That is Intel's Atom series CPU and while Intel has improved the performance a lot it is still weak compared to a CPU based on Intel's Ivy Bridge / Haswell CPU.

Bay Trail CPUs are a little more powerful Core 2 Duo CPUs from 2008 and the Intel HD (Bay Trail) graphics core is the lowest performing "Intel HD" graphics core Intel has released. It is probably a little better than the old Intel GMA X4500HD graphics core from 2010.

-----------------------------------------

Regarding the $300 Dell laptop with the Core i3-4030 and Intel HD 4400 graphics core... that deal is dead since all units were sold out yesterday. The Asus laptop deal from Newegg...
No the Celeron N2830 with the Intel HD (Bay Trail) graphics core is too weak to play games. That is Intel's Atom series CPU and while Intel has improved the performance a lot it is still weak compared to a CPU based on Intel's Ivy Bridge / Haswell CPU.

Bay Trail CPUs are a little more powerful Core 2 Duo CPUs from 2008 and the Intel HD (Bay Trail) graphics core is the lowest performing "Intel HD" graphics core Intel has released. It is probably a little better than the old Intel GMA X4500HD graphics core from 2010.

-----------------------------------------

Regarding the $300 Dell laptop with the Core i3-4030 and Intel HD 4400 graphics core... that deal is dead since all units were sold out yesterday. The Asus laptop deal from Newegg is also dead since it is sold out as well.

------------------------------------

You basically need a laptop with a 4th generation Haswell CPU like the i3-4xxx / i5-4xxx series with the Intel HD 4400 graphics core for basic gaming. Might as well wait for Cyber Monday because all the good low price Black Friday deals are basically out of stock now.

Solution