Gaming/school laptop under $1300

DesRon23

Estimable
May 23, 2015
1. What is your budget?
1300 or under

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14 or 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Highest my budget can buy.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable, I will be using this in college.

5. How much battery life do you need?
For regular use(non gaming) anywhere between 4-6 hours minimum. Gaming I would prefer at least 2.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. DayZ, CS:GO and maybe some other similar games. At least medium settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I will have to run fairly demanding engineering software, streaming movies and music, and also regular school work.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At the least 500. Preferably a hybrid drive.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
newegg.com or amazon.com

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 yrs or so

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
not sure .

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

I would prefer Intel processors. I'm open to suggestions on GPU however I would like to see at least 2gb with it, and no less ram than 8gb DDR3.

Solution
For your budget, sort by the video chip, I think you can get the NVidia 860m in a laptop in your price range pretty easily. There is not much in that price range that would be bad to get really.

A site I really like to compare gaming laptops in is www.xoticpc.com, look in their gaming laptop section, sort by price and poke around a bit to find what you like.
For your budget, sort by the video chip, I think you can get the NVidia 860m in a laptop in your price range pretty easily. There is not much in that price range that would be bad to get really.

A site I really like to compare gaming laptops in is www.xoticpc.com, look in their gaming laptop section, sort by price and poke around a bit to find what you like.

Solution