gaming with dockstation usb 3.0

pedrins

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hello, i want to buy a gaming notebook, but i want to use it with a dock station, my question is, how good is the performance of a top of the line notebook for gaming with a usb3.0 dockstation???
Thanks!!!!

Solution
You're welcome!

HDMI out won't affect it unless you're using more than one monitor. When you run multiple displays, it puts more stress on the hardware to drive the monitors (especially at higher resolutions). If you're running a single monitor, it won't have a negative affect on gaming performance.

pedrins

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

My question is, if i use a notebook for gaming connected to a dockstation and use the HDMI output of the dockstation to connect a led 27 monitor, the performance is the same as connected directly to the HDMI output of the notebook ? My guess is that the performance is not as good, but how good is it?

Thanks! !

Ah, usually the image quality is on par with the port's capability on the laptop. This can depend on the HDMI specification of the dock though; a lot of modern laptops use either HDMI 1.4 or 1.3. Older than that and it will still work, but then it might suffer overall image quality loss.

So the docking station should not hurt HDMI quality (or at least not by much, depending on said reasons), but it would be best if you used the port directly on the laptop. :)

pedrins

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

Thanks for the quick answer!
And how about the performance playing games that really needs a graphics card?

You're welcome!

HDMI out won't affect it unless you're using more than one monitor. When you run multiple displays, it puts more stress on the hardware to drive the monitors (especially at higher resolutions). If you're running a single monitor, it won't have a negative affect on gaming performance.

Solution

pedrins

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

Ok, thanks very much!!