Solved! Garage Sale Smartphones

Aug 2, 2019
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 at a garage sale and it has a us cellular 4G LTE sims card in it. I turned it on and works! Can I use this phone with this sims card in it and if so how do I get a new phone number for this phone!! Would appreciate the help on this really don't understand much about these things was trying to get this phone for my 12 yr old !

Solution
You need to get your own new SIM for it as that one would be tied to someones account. If you want to stay with that carrier/service provider, then contact them about a SIM and a number.

Otherwise you would have to stick with other carriers that run on the same network. I believe they are on a CDMA network.
You need to get your own new SIM for it as that one would be tied to someones account. If you want to stay with that carrier/service provider, then contact them about a SIM and a number.

Otherwise you would have to stick with other carriers that run on the same network. I believe they are on a CDMA network.

Solution
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 at a garage sale and it has a us cellular 4G LTE sims card in it. I turned it on and works! Can I use this phone with this sims card in it and if so how do I get a new phone number for this phone!! Would appreciate the help on this really don't understand much about these things was trying to get this phone for my 12 yr old !

Aside from getting new service for the phone form your carrier you also need to make sure the prior owner has deleted this device from any registrations or it will ask you for the old account info to activate. Google, US Cellular both need to know the phone is not stolen, it will need to be removed from the old accounts.