Gateway DX4200-09 hdmi video card

Goaliebart

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
The PC has an hdmi and vga port on the factory installed MB. Can I install a second video card with hdmi, so as to improve the signal sent to each of the 2 monitors??

Solution

HDMI is a bit clearer than VGA but there are actually people that like the VGA display better because it's smoother and more mellow than the sharper digital HDMI or Display Port or DVI connections.

You can use a secondary card but likely the onboard video will be disabled so...

Goaliebart

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015

Goaliebart

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015

"improve the signal" refers to my assumption that an HDMI signal is much better than a vga signal. There is a vga and an hdmi port on the factory m'board.......my thinking was by adding another card with hdmi, I'd accomplish all this.

HDMI is a bit clearer than VGA but there are actually people that like the VGA display better because it's smoother and more mellow than the sharper digital HDMI or Display Port or DVI connections.

You can use a secondary card but likely the onboard video will be disabled so get a card with dual HDMI connections. Keep in mind that you need to match the card to your power supply output and case size.

Solution