Question Can MSI GL65 9SEK Support Extended dual monitors? ( Urgent Need help)

Dec 24, 2022
I have a single monitor connected through an HDMI port to my MSI GL65 9SEK laptop. I wanted a second monitor so as to work on more space. So I bought a second monitor and a USB C to HDMI adapter. unfortunately, the USB C in the Laptop doesn't support Video it seems as if both monitors did not pick up any signal when connected to the adapter.

Here are the Specs for the Laptop:
1x Type-C USB 3.2 Gen1 - This does not give out any video signal or output.
3x Type-A USB3.2 Gen1
1x SD (XC/HC) Card Reader
1x (4K @ 30Hz) HDMI™
1x Mini-DisplayPort
1x RJ45

I did find it has a Mini-Display port, Now can I connect a "Mini-Display port to HDMI cable" to my Mini Display port on my laptop for Monitor 1 and an HDMI cable to HDMI port for my 2nd monitor? Would that give me a Dual monitor setup as an extended display? I do not want Screen mirroring and I need a dual extended monitor so I could make use of an HDMI port and Mini Display port for two monitors and extend them.

I'm on the verge of returning the USB C adapter, as well as the new monitor that I bought. So if anyone could help me with it I could cancel my Monitor return and Try a Mini -Display port to HDMI cable and see if I can connect both my monitors and have a Dual setup.

Both my Monitors are BenQ GW2480 24-inch (60.5 cm) 1080p FHD Eye-Care Monitor IPS Panel, Ultra-Slim Bezel, 60Hz, Brightness Intelligence, 1Wx2 Speakers, Tilt, HDMI, VGA, Display Port, Cable Management, Flicker-Free.