Gateway Laptop Beeps

Theodoric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
My daughters Gateway laptop a P-6301 is starting to beep like crazy when it is booting up. Is there a common reason for this? I am guessing a hardware problem (duh). Any help would be great. Thanks

Theodoric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

There is no pattern at all. It is erratic and sometimes spasmodic. Almost violent and angry. I known that sounds funny but it is really the way it sounds. It does not correspond to any action like opening up windows or starting a program. It used to only do it on boot up, now it is a regular though unpredictable occurrence.

The "erratic and sometimes spasmodic .... violent and angry" obviously means something to you but it's not telling me anything I recognize.

If there isn't some type of diagnostic beep pattern there - I have NO idea what is going on.

Theodoric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

WR2,
Thanks for the response, I know my description is weird but it is not in any type of pattern. I have worked with computers from the 8086 days and built a dozen or so over the years but I have not heard the likes of this. This is my first laptop and I am used to "popping the hood" and looking inside my desktops. She is long in the tooth and my daughter has a newer Toshiba, but I was hoping to use this as my kitchen/recipe computer. Oh well, Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS