Gateway laptop, wifi wont turn on, fn keys not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordapie

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
Im going out of my mind trying to fix this laptop. Yesterday i got my gateway laptop, believe the model is NE56R52u, to a reset and set it up to be my own. It had windows 10 on it and it was working fine. Today the wifi wouldn't turn on. I looked around and i reinstalled the windows 7 i got with it. Ive come to realize i severely messed up and i turned off the wifi with the fn+f3(wifi button) but now the fn key isnt doing anything. Ive been trying for hours to search for different solutions, how to unlock it, going into BIOS, every site i could possible go on and its stuck in windows 7 with the network off. And i believe i could have fixed this if i was still in windows 10, i actually wish to go back to windows 10 as well if possible. Im frustrated beyond belief and i just want to get this laptop working again. Please help

Hi,

Have you tried to check Device Manager if you can enable the Wireless adapter?
- Go to Device Manager and expand Network adapters.
- Right click on your wireless adapter and see if you have an Enable option, select it then check if you have your wireless connection back.
- If these will not work, uninstall/reinstall the wireless adapter.
- In Device Manager right click on the wifi adapter then select Uninstall.
- Download and install the latest driver from Gateway support site.
- Here's the link: http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/drivers-downloads
- Just choose the correct OS and wifi adapter you've uninstalled.

Mordapie

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
Hmm, under network adapters there is no wireless adapter. Only two Bluetooth devices. I believe i might of turned it off from the fn+f3 button, but it's not working

Mordapie

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
Well. No wireless adapter under the hidden network adapters. Just Microsoft ISATAP adapter and a bunch of wan miniports.. One is labeled as network monitor... Is there a way to get these fn keys to work maybe?

deerlabs

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
turn off your laptop,remove the battery, be sure the charger is unpluged, press power button for 2 minutes,reconnect the battery, turn on the laptop, if not fixed, try to press function key again.

Tr____

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Try this...hold down the (Fn) key, and hold down the Windows Key and hit the F key with the wifi symbol on it. I tried everything and nothing worked but as soon as I did this it immediately came on and connected.

Moustakalis

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Also consider checking the model of your laptop. Some laptops from no-name companies that get parts from here and there sometimes require drivers for EVERYTHING(from usb ports to built-in wireless or sound).

Emilyrose115

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
I have been running around changing Command Prompts. Checking registries and the VPN!!! Well on my Gateway laptop the fn3 is the wireless key.. I was told to press fn-fn3. Never worked. Untill I hit just the Fn3 key by itself. Fixed!!!!

rheman

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Hello. I am using gateway NV47H and I have the same problem and I don't know what to do. I have tried everything mentioned under this post but nothong happen. Could someone help me. (The wifi symbol il under de F3 keyboard but when I hit the require button to enable the wifi the bluetooth is activated not the wifi). Please I need help

EWest84

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
i had the same problem after a fresh windows 10 install on a gateway ne56r model laptop. i used a usb wifi adapter and i went to the gateway drivers and download page and entered my model number (http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/drivers-downloads) i downloaded and installed the MgMntEngine Intel driver and the Others Dritek driver. after a reboot the internal wifi card started working for me. hopefully this will help.

Bookitsoon

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Yes yes thank you Never touch the F3 key again. Ok. I love it. I give free stays monthly please send email to username at gmail Can't thank you enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

oxidizedmetal

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This is the only thing that worked for me and I've been searching for weeks for a solution! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.