Geforce 635m Issues WIthin every aspect of the geforce system

NastyNegus14

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I have a Asus s550c running with two graphics cards the intell 4000 hd graphics which is working fine and the gt 635m which is driving me crazy. I have been running windows 10 x64 version and just had its original os installed and then upgraded to windows 10. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and installing new ones for the geforce 635 and after i would do this it would crash my pc and send it to the :( Bsod

so i have to keep the geforce disabled in my device manager. i ended up installing driver fusion and cleaned the computer of the geforce junk and now it(geforce graphic card) doesnt even show up in my device manager. So now i tried installing the latest driver for this but as soon as i open geforce experience or whatever it just says it cant find a gpu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks In Advance.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, turn the laptop off then remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- Do check Device Manager again after the reboot and see if the Nvidia graphics card will show up.
- Next is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Once done, open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if everything will be working or not.
- If all these will not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows.

NastyNegus14

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
Ok so i have found the device and i have a very old driver that im using now. i went into device manager and updated the driver from there which is 353.84 and it will keep popping up saying that nvidia crashed but recovered in lower right of screen. If i updated the driver to the newest one which i did before this problem it would just crash and go to bsod as soon as i enabled the geforce card. i found the original driver which i believe to be 344.48 if i pull this driver off a site like driverscape how do i update the driver to that driver to test if this works?

TRENDING THREADS