Genius Headset volume issue

Nomad2012

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hi guys!

I have a genius headset, I cant remember exact model number i think it might be the HS-03u but not sure. Its USB and when i plug it in Windows 7 sets up drives as a USB sound device in Device manager. sound works fine. Here is my problem:

When i play music or any sound through headset it plays at full volume, The headset has an inline volume control when used to turn it town it turns the windows volume control down but the sound doesn't change that is being output through the headset. When i use the volume control on the computer which is now all the way down it does nothing I've tried using the drivers on the disc but they don't seem to do anything. I've tried finding drivers online and cant seem to find anything. I am at a loss as to how i can control the volume on this headset....

Any help will be appriciated, If you need more info please dont hesitate to ask!

Nomad

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
I have a USB soundcard, and when i plug it in, there are two volume controls, one for each soundcard. Oddly enough, it's not always there.
If you open up 'Playback devices', you should be able to find your headset in the list and change the volume there. Not very convenient, though.
Maybe if you disable all other soundcards the volume level in the taskbar will work, but i'm not sure.

Nomad2012

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hey Andrew, Thanks for your comment. I have combed through the settings in the playback/volume mixer area in the bottom right and i can not see any settings that affect the volume. all bars i try just dont seem to do anything. Also i found the box its a HS-04u!

Edit: Seems like Genius products alot of people have problems with...Maybe it was a bad idea getting it but its past the return date.... I brought it and been racking my brain...ive seen others having the same issue as me on other sites but no solution yet.

I have uploaded a picture in the hopes it might help at all!
Problem.jpg

Thanks anyway! If you have another idea please let me know!

Nomad

Nomad2012

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hey Andrew, I installed those when the disc drivers didnt work.....I spent all night wracking my brain to figure it out...I had to remove the Genius drivers and roll back windows drivers that loaded and unplug the heasdset, Reinstall from the link you gave me and plug it back in so it detects it and make it look for it in the genius programs folder and it worked! So thanks! Your a legend!

Nomad