Genius SW-HF 6000 5.1 Surround sound system

Jovan93

Estimable
May 18, 2014
Hello and good day.
One question about mentioned speaker configuration. Can they support 2x8Ohm Sony speakers from 90's? I already have them installed and they play music, also maxed them out and they, with my subwoofer didn't blow. I'm conserned about long term usage, can they support them?
I have picture of the setup, so if you can help me, it would be much appriciated!

12499334_10206053829880817_1076613649_o.jpg

Solution
assuming you mean that you replaced the front channels on the genius system with two sony bookshelves.

given that the specs for said system list the impedance at 20ohm and 20wpc you're probably fine. 20 watts per channel is not alot of power but is enough to drive smaller or higher efficiency speakers. if you're getting good volume level without distortion i would say you're fine as is.
assuming you mean that you replaced the front channels on the genius system with two sony bookshelves.

given that the specs for said system list the impedance at 20ohm and 20wpc you're probably fine. 20 watts per channel is not alot of power but is enough to drive smaller or higher efficiency speakers. if you're getting good volume level without distortion i would say you're fine as is.

Solution

Jovan93

Estimable
May 18, 2014

Yes, that's what i meant, i replaced stock front speakers with these two. I'm getting good sound and everything seems fine, i was just wondering if they are going to cause any trouble later on. Thanks for your reply!