George Lucas Shows Return of the Jedi Lost Scene

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeorangeman

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
so George is going to "tweak" this one more? Is he going to change how the storm troopers look to better match up with the prequels or perhaps replace all the actors with CGI? One can only hope! I'm so excited!!! >.>

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]How about instead of spending time watching the same movies all over again you spend some time with your girlfriends? Oh, right...[/citation]
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]How about instead of spending time watching the same movies all over again you spend some time with your girlfriends? Oh, right...[/citation]
My wife likes star wars, so I can do both. Not that I'd waste the money on the blu-ray when my dvd version still works just fine.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
How many five second "unreleased" and completely unnecessary to the plot clips does this guy have? By the time the 4k/3d version is out, we're going to be watching every failed cut.

moomooman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Yes, that was my point!

[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]He just finished making episodes 1-3. Why would he REmake them so soon? Well, they did suck, so perhaps you have a point there.[/citation]

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I tend to agree with some of the people who say that George lost his way. The original movies had problems and limitations that made it great. It becomes painfully clear watching any Red Letter media video on the prequels.

His constantly re-engineering and tweaking things shows he is a businessman. He lucked out so much on getting merchandising rights for the original trilogy.

I like Star wars as much as the next person, but realize when someone is trying to get me to fork over money for a little tidbit of "extra" stuff. I kinda liked the remakes a bit at first, but after thinking and spending some time, its just eye candy. It detracts from the original story too much.

The added scene did look like it broke flow and gives us too much information. It ruins the tone of seeing Luke enter Jabba's Palace and we're not really surprised when Luke whips out a light-saber on the Sail barge.

It might be nice to set the eerie feeling of Luke being seduced by Vader, but part of the mystery and tension of not knowing what Luke has been doing between movies is snuffed out when we see Luke with a lightsaber early on and then wonder why he didn't kick ass and chew bubblegum in the Palace. Oh yeah, that's where he hid the light-saber, In R2D2..eh.

Maybe I'll buy Star wars again, perhaps when they put all the cutting room floor clips in or make a super 16Ki "Theatrical Edition"... sometime in the summer of 2152.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Man I wish they would make Episode 7 and use the original actors. It's not like they are dead, and makeup can do wonders to make them look half way young again (though I doubt anyone would want to see Leia in a metal bikini now). And please leave the CGI crap on the cutting room floor where it belongs.

wayneepalmer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Actually mikem_90, the Lightsaber scene DOES go with something that was in the original Jedi movie - where Vader talks with Luke about his building a new light saber after Vader cut his hand off in Empire.

Some of the add-ins to the original movie were kind of hokey, but, I did like the Jabba the Hut part (this one WAS a CGI remake of an original section of the movie - that Lucas couldn't make work due to technology issues - that he kept after cutting it).

Too bad Lucas never could find the original Biggs Darklighter and Luke scenes from the start of the movie (these were cut from right after the Droids ejected from Princess Leia's cruiser - Luke actually watched the battle with his binoculars as a part of the segway from the space scenes).

G

Star Trek > Star Wars.

Federation ships could murder anything the Rebels or Empire throw at them.. Then you have the Borg; and I won't forget the Q > Jedi. There's just no comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.