German Politicians Hold a LAN Party in Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasabiman123

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
LOL FAIL, you think they could play good games like crysis and battlefield 2 instead, geezus...
counterstrike??? what is this??? 1990???

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]wasabiman123[/nom]LOL FAIL, you think they could play good games like crysis and battlefield 2 instead, geezus...counterstrike??? what is this??? 1990???[/citation]

Probably far better than a lan party of solitaire on a computer :p

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]wasabiman123[/nom]LOL FAIL, you think they could play good games like crysis and battlefield 2 instead, geezus...counterstrike??? what is this??? 1990???[/citation]

CSS still has more players online, today, than Crysis and BF2 combined. It is also one of the games used for most professional gaming tournaments. They aren't just studying the violence in the games (ie gore, blood, etc). They probably want to understand why they have so many cases of kids getting in fights, in real life, over playing different games.

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
First up, this article made me giggle, I really wanna find out their thoughts on the game :D.

And then i cringed when i read this... I still play 1.6 with my mates, we still war with other clans and it will always be a great game.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Wow... That must be some of the most creative trash talking you will ever hear out of parliament. The only thing that would make this better is hearing that intel or MS would be sponsering the event.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
It's still one of the most played online games and it was the first game that got labeled "killergame" by the media and politicians here in Germany, because it was allegedly the favorite game of the guy who committed the first school shooting in Germany.
According to Steam statistics, more people play Counter Strike 1.6 than the PC versions of MW2 and Black Ops combined.
A German news site reported that they played 30 different games but only 2 shooters. Wonder what the other shooter was.

German laws on violent video games have become pretty bad in recent years, but buying games from Amazon UK is cheaper anyway thanks to the weak Pound/strong Euro :)

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009

Hey don't badmouth CS. It's always a good time to play some Counter-Strike. Btw, I think it is badass and hilarious that these politicians were gaming while "working" haha. Hopefully it was a good stress reliever for em, and that they gained some much needed respect and understanding for gaming. Not gonna hold my breath on that last one though.

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
Its kinda crazy to me the first post get thrashed by every body. the stupid spammer above me need to hand himself with his 33 dollar hand bag... piss off for real.

blackwidow_rsa

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
ffs toms! Don't you think it's time to implement a spam filter?? Bunch of idiot spammers anyway, what person visiting toms would buy a bikini?

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Counter Strike ( Especially Source ) is Golden! Its one of those games that never seem to get old. The new games on the other hand get kinda boring after sometime. They cant survive as long as CSS because of their In-Game complexity and their extreme performance requirements which makes games kinda laggy.

G

Go troll elsewhere CS 1.6 is an awesome game and will always be fun to play with friends. I see you one of those fags that judge a game by how good the graphic are. btw 1990? /facepalm

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
When was the last time you were in a public institution that had computers which could come close to handling modern games?

My college has just upgraded all their C2D E6800 with 4GB of RAM to Core i5-650 with 8gb of RAM. not sure about the GPU's. Sadly their PC's are better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.