Get Palm Pre $99.99 Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpjesse

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
better? the rest of the web disagrees. "par" perhaps, but not better. as for sprint, not sure if I trust their service (yet). i know they've been working hard to fix things, but i don't hear about any progress from their CEO/Spokesman in any of those tv commercials.

G

"Is purchasing a Palm Pre for $99.99 worth a two-year contract with Sprint PCS?"
Never! Nothing is worth a 2 year contract!
Especially in a time when no one is sure of their job,can lose it anytime, and when the phone can be stolen.
Another thing is that every couple of months, phones get better. Newer versions are available, and the old versions usually get sold for half their initial price.

So worth it? I don't think so!

For myself I use a phone to call, not to internet.
I have a wifi at home for that.

G

the phone being about $100 i think it would be worth it even with the 2 year contract. i could think of a lot worse cell providers than sprint.

G

I like how when MS does some shifty sandbox business (ie. bundling to kill the browser market, pun intended) it's shonky but when Apple bars people from synching with iTunes no one gives a fat rats a__.

People are in love with Apple, yes they create well (some would say over) engineered hardware, but it always comes at an over engineered price, and they are just as ruthless as the people over the fence when it comes to business and squashing the little man (ala they're forum antics of the past few years).

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Yeah, well uh... Am I the only one here who thinks the minimum monthly fee for a dataphone plan is just a little bit more important than the price of the phone itself?

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Didn't they just drop the pre from 199 to 150 less than a week ago?

Apple actually sets the bar for many of it's markets. MP3 players, phones, and laptops. They deserve to command a bar setting price.

seamusmac

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
Well I am unsure if you can say Apple sets the bar in the laptop market, sure the OS is good but really you are overpaying for a silver case and a reflection inducing screen that makes outside use almost impossible. As for the other products like the Iphone and Ipod... really do we need a world filled with Isheep?

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I got a Pre, with 2-year contract, for $200 a couple of months ago. And I love it. And Sprint has given me no problems whatsoever.

But really, the savings isn't the price of the phone, it's the $30/month or more that I save over AT&T's subscription.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]FlayerSlayer[/nom]I got a Pre, with 2-year contract, for $200 a couple of months ago. And I love it. And Sprint has given me no problems whatsoever.But really, the savings isn't the price of the phone, it's the $30/month or more that I save over AT&T's subscription.[/citation]
Its all relative. Where I live in South Florida, Sprint service sucks. ATT is the only service that has a signal strong enough to work in my building, so I gladly pay the extra $30 for ATT service here since it works flawlessly. From the Treasure Coast down to Miami, the only spot I cant get full service and 3G speeds is in the Data Center at work, I can usually only get EDGE service in there.

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Palm Pre is great. It won't explode when you try to use it, unlike certain other highly expensive phones

*cough* ijob *cough*

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Never! Nothing is worth a 2 year contract!Especially in a time when no one is sure of their job,can lose it anytime, and when the phone can be stolen.Another thing is that every couple of months, phones get better. Newer versions are available, and the old versions usually get sold for half their initial price.So worth it? I don't think so!For myself I use a phone to call, not to internet.I have a wifi at home for that.[/citation]
I bought an instinct when it came out with a 2 yr contract...biggest mistake ever. I can't even get the Pre if I wanted to cuz I have a year left.

Status
Not open for further replies.