Get Refurbished iPhone 3G for $49

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
"Refurbished phones are previously owned devices that have been unused or lightly used and returned during the 30-day trial period. The product page reads."
unused Refurbished well that's reassuring that it will work.

G

they could totally make it free and still make profit since they require people to sign a two year contract

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
The refurbished Iphones have significantly shorter warranties, I believe, unless they changed the policy. In all honesty, the Iphone is not known for the best reliability. Not to say it's out of line compared to other compact devices. That being said, I would rather pay the extra $50 to get an unscratched Iphone that has a one year warranty. Let's face it, if someone returned it then it probably had problems to begin with...

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
The refurbished Iphones have significantly shorter warranties, I believe, unless they changed the policy. In all honesty, the Iphone is not known for the best reliability. Not to say it's out of line compared to other compact devices. That being said, I would rather pay the extra $50 to get an unscratched Iphone that has a one year warranty. Let's face it, if someone returned it then it probably had problems to begin with...

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
This is a significant deal i think everyone can appreciate. Apple will just make money off applications purchased.

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
well i guess to me it would come down to who actually refurbished or is selling the refurbished phones. at&t OR apple directly. because back in the day i bought a refurbished black 8 gig 2nd gen nano for 80 dollars. i got it directly from apple online, the thing came in perfect condition and it has given me no problems. still running well after 3 years. cause any at&t "tech support" rep could have just looked over it, ok-ed it and bam its now 'refurbished' and ready to sell!

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Greg_77[/nom]The refurbished Iphones have significantly shorter warranties, I believe, unless they changed the policy. In all honesty, the Iphone is not known for the best reliability. Not to say it's out of line compared to other compact devices. That being said, I would rather pay the extra $50 to get an unscratched Iphone that has a one year warranty. Let's face it, if someone returned it then it probably had problems to begin with...[/citation]

I like how you get down voted for stating vaild points. Tom's users sort of remind me of Digg or Reddit users lately.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]thearm[/nom]I like how you get down voted for stating vaild points. Tom's users sort of remind me of Digg or Reddit users lately.[/citation]

He got down voted because it was a double post, therefore a "useless message". Nothing to do with the content of his post.

purist

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Our shop's experience with iPhone reliability is that they tend not to work straight out of the box but once repaired they last a long time. Refurbished actually takes some of the risk out of the deal along with the better price.

G

> taiso

I'm in agreement with taiso. I would only be interested in purchasing one *without* a contract.

That pretty much goes for any cell phone for me. Contracts need to die. I know it would be hard to do that as the cell coms make most of their money by doing this, but contracts aren't fair at all for the consumer.

G

my name is Sudirman. I am from Indonesia. where I can buy a refurbish iphone? How do I buy it? Can purchase in send to Indonesia?

G

how can i buy this i phone ????????????????? if there is a location or telephone number for calling for this device i will buy 2 or 3 i phone in this price

G

My name is Serge, i am from Congo RD. Where i can buy or site to buy a refurbished IPhone in this price. Please send me our site to buy in my adresse email:

Status
Not open for further replies.