Getting TV audio to work with sound system

Erodedpretzel

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
So my friend has a newer Samsung TV model: UN60EH6003F with a Visio sound system model: S4251w-B4 as well as a Samsung bluray player.The samsung tv has no audio outputs which presented a problem. So I after getting a ViewHD VHD-H2HSAs and an HDMI 3 to 1 switch, I was able to get audio working on all devices due to my friend having satellite therefore there was a box which had hdmi out. Well now the friend has moved and switched to basic cable. The problem is that there is just an rf style coaxial cable that comes from the floor to the tv with no box in between. Since there isn't a box, I have no way to get the audio from the cable to the sound system. What I need is something that takes rf coaxial cable to HDMI so that I can plug it into the setup and it'll work just fine. I've looked around for something but can't seem to find a thing. Digital converters wont work since they are for OTA(I've already tried homeworx hw-150pvr and it didn't pick up all the channels). I've thought about the Samsung GX-SM530CF Cable Box but I wasn't sure if I would run into the same problem of it not picking up all of the channels.

Solution
There is no converter that would work. You need a tuner that is compatible with the cable providers system if you want all the channels that are encrypted.
That's how they get you to rent a set top box.