Question Ghost Keyboard auto pressing even when the keyboard is disabled

Aug 22, 2021
I'm a computer technician working at a computer service shop. I have 1 customer bringing in a HP Probook 440 G2 that have this really weird problem. The keyboard keeps on auto pressing itself specifically Esc and Shift which effecting the Bios start-up and numeric typing. I have tried disabling the keyboard connector and uses an external keyboard but the problem still same. I tried unninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver in Device Manager plus I used 2 new keyboard replacement and the same problem still occured. Its like a ghost keeps on pressing the same 2 keys all the time. Does anyone faced this same problem with this model or any other laptops?? This is the first time im seeing this problem. Does anyone have a solution on how to fix this?

Have you tried to run the HP diagnostic software? That interfaces to the keyboard at a very low level and might reveal something. I would run the version that boots up directly--not the version that you can run from Windows. It should already be installed and you can get to it through Setting/Update & Security/Recovery/Avanced Startup and then some more (as I recall the selection related to going into the BIOS.

Aug 22, 2021
Yes i tried it but it still can identify the problem.. even when the keyboard is disconnected its still auto pressing Esc button going into the System Menu. I read some articles and suspect some hardware or buttons on some laptop might be causing interference with the BIOS and Windows. I'm gonna try disconnecting all hardware,button cables and connectors, reconnect it back one by one and try turning it on with each cables or connector. Maybe i can find what's causing this abnormal ghost keyboard issue.