Solved! Gigabyte G5 KC laptop battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2021
So I recently got this new gaming laptop from gigabyte and its pretty good. It fast, its RGB, its wide, but the laptop battery is well... crap. Its very new so there is no chance it was a battery damage. It was promised to have atleast 2 hours of battery under normal use. But this thing wont last an hour running on desktop. No gaming, no 3d rendering. Watching youtube or netflix on battery is almost impossible because it wont last an hour and I dont really know why is that. I have power saver mode on on power plan, I have reduced my refresh rate to 60, reduced my fan speeds, underclocked gpu, reduced the brightness too and it only gave me like 20 minutes of battery power which is barely noticable. Undervolting the cpu is locked on this laptop so there really is nothing I can do with that. Please help me here because I like going on trips but I dont want to always bring the chunky charger with me.

Mod Edit - Language

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
So I recently got this new gaming laptop from gigabyte and its pretty good. It fast, its RGB, its wide, but the laptop battery is well... crap. Its very new so there is no chance it was a battery damage. It was promised to have atleast 2 hours of battery under normal use. But this thing wont last an hour running on desktop. No gaming, no 3d rendering. Watching youtube or netflix on battery is almost impossible because it wont last an hour and I dont really know why is that. I have power saver mode on on power plan, I have reduced my refresh rate to 60, reduced my fan speeds, underclocked gpu, reduced the brightness too and it only gave me like 20 minutes of battery power which is barely noticable. Undervolting the cpu is locked on...

mrmike16

Honorable
So I recently got this new gaming laptop from gigabyte and its pretty good. It fast, its RGB, its wide, but the laptop battery is well... crap. Its very new so there is no chance it was a battery damage. It was promised to have atleast 2 hours of battery under normal use. But this thing wont last an hour running on desktop. No gaming, no 3d rendering. Watching youtube or netflix on battery is almost impossible because it wont last an hour and I dont really know why is that. I have power saver mode on on power plan, I have reduced my refresh rate to 60, reduced my fan speeds, underclocked gpu, reduced the brightness too and it only gave me like 20 minutes of battery power which is barely noticable. Undervolting the cpu is locked on this laptop so there really is nothing I can do with that. Please help me here because I like going on trips but I dont want to always bring the chunky charger with me.

Mod Edit - Language
When buying a laptop, always assume that the battery life will be less than advertised. I got a MS Surface 3 that was supposed to last 10 hours, and on Battery Saver it lasted about 5-6 (Thankfully it still lasts about 4 hours after 6 years).
Your laptop being advertised as having 2 hours of battery is already a red flag for anyone who wants any sort of portability. My recommendations:

1- Use the internal GPU if you have the option whenever you are going to use it on battery power. Dedicated graphics adapters use much more power.
2- Use a portable charger. These days you can find portable chargers not only for phones, but for laptops as well.
3-Check your battery health by following this article - How to check your laptop's battery health on Windows 10 | Windows Central
4- Contact Gigabyte. Most manufacturers stop supporting battery issues within a very short period of time after purchasing, so I advise you to contact them within 30 days of purchase, if you can.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.