Girl, 9, Gets Dating Game Instead of Pet Monkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
For those who don't know: Big Lots is a liquidation store. You can get anything from broken stuff, to stuff nobody wants, stuff that didn't sell at other stores, etc. It is almost like a Salvation Army store, but the stuff is new.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dtemple[/nom]She got to play with a different kind of virtual monkey.[/citation]

I would find this funny, but the girl is only 9 which makes this comment seem a little off-color.

Yes ... I agree.

I imagine Ubisoft will shower them with some free games appropriate for a child and send them a nice letter of apology.

A mixup with the stickers on the cartridges at the factory.

We need to shield our kids and the best way to do that is supervise them well ... so mum / dad should have checked the game first.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
From a collectors stand point, I wish I could pick one of these up. Surely it would be easy to fake but an original saved with the proof of purchase with the right date would be enough to prove its originality. I remember when Tetris for the Genesis was selling for something like $200.

mayor_mccheese

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]I would find this funny, but the girl is only 9 which makes this comment seem a little off-color.[/citation]

I don't think it was centered around her age, just a play on words

bipolargraph

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
[citation][nom]psychodad[/nom]I do not see what the problem is, why do Americans have such fear of sexuality. Muhhamed married his first wife when she was 9 y/o. Recently after much searching I donwloaded a japanese rape simulator game and had as lot of fun playing it with my 12 y/o sun and 10 y/o daughter. You are just sexually repressed.[/citation]
She was his last wife, and that was 1400 years ago.

Hope Slayer

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
[citation][nom]psychodad[/nom]I do not see what the problem is, why do Americans have such fear of sexuality. Muhhamed married his first wife when she was 9 y/o. Recently after much searching I donwloaded a japanese rape simulator game and had as lot of fun playing it with my 12 y/o sun and 10 y/o daughter. You are just sexually repressed.[/citation]

So believe in some mythalogical prophet justifies you desensitizing your children?

And before you jump me about the prophet comment, I'm agnostic, so leave the christians, jews, hindi, and everyone else out of whatever poor attempt at a concernerable response you post.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]This is the new drm ubisoft is using.. You may not even get the game you want to buy! HA take that pirates![/citation]

+9000

jdog2076

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Playing a rape simulator game with your preadolescent children? It's kind of a shame that one needs licenses to operate motor vehicles, different degrees to hold certain kinds of jobs, but needs no qualifications at all to raise a child.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]This is the new drm ubisoft is using.. You may not even get the game you want to buy! HA take that pirates![/citation]
Backwards. When a pirate downloads something, assuming it isn't a trap file, he gets exactly what he expects. This is another case of "take THAT, legitimate buyer!"

stromm

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
psychodad's comments if meant to be funny are far from it. In fact, in many countries, admitting to pedophilia even on a forum is an arrestable offense. The mod's should be tracking the source of this post and reporting them to the local police as required by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.