Girl With Crutch Chases Xbox, iPod Robber

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]DarkMantle[/nom]WOW... That is not a very good parent in my book.""He didn't get that far," Rena said. "I'm really relieved we got our Xbox back. Chasing him and keeping going was worth it.""I was really proud of her grabbing my stick and chasing him. It was awesome," Mr. Sciascia added."This is something you should never do to be honest, at least not where i live (south america), doesn't matter if you are an 11 yo girl or a 30 yo 6.5 feet tall wrestler there is a very high chance that you will end up with 3 bullets up your behind. Glad nothing happened to her, but trying your luck and losing your life over a freaking Xbox would be such a stupid thing to do.[/citation]

That's where Australia and New Zealand differ from the US. We have gun control laws so the chances of being shot are very low. Bloke still could have had a knife or used his fists though.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]kato128[/nom]That's where Australia and New Zealand differ from the US. We have gun control laws so the chances of being shot are very low. Bloke still could have had a knife or used his fists though.[/citation]
Hey, he said SOUTH America. If that guy was in the US and stole something of mine, he would be the one with his hands up. Gun control laws only keep guns out of honest people's hands - the criminals don't care.

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]elel[/nom]Hey, he said SOUTH America. If that guy was in the US and stole something of mine, he would be the one with his hands up. Gun control laws only keep guns out of honest people's hands - the criminals don't care.[/citation]

True but there's no point in making it easy for the crims to get firearms. I'd rather not have to carry firearms to stay safe and if that means I have to sacrifice shooting roo's and stuff then it's not too big a price to pay. Also since we haven't had any mass shootings in Australia since we brought in these laws I'd say they're pretty effective.

DarkMantle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]kato128[/nom]True but there's no point in making it easy for the crims to get firearms. I'd rather not have to carry firearms to stay safe and if that means I have to sacrifice shooting roo's and stuff then it's not too big a price to pay. Also since we haven't had any mass shootings in Australia since we brought in these laws I'd say they're pretty effective.[/citation]

It is not so easy for alot of countries, we do have Gun control laws in my country but we have 35,000 cops for 35 million people, that's 1/1000. You can have all the laws you want but if you don't have the means to enforce them, then like elel said "Gun control laws only keep guns out of honest people's hands - the criminals don't care". They really don't care, they have them, they use them and they never get caught.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
If I saw some motha stealing my Xbox and Crysis rig, I'd chase him... with my neighbors truck right up his ass...

Well, that or a nice aluminium baseball bat I have lying around.

Please rename this article.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Although i'm not a father, I still wouldn't be happy with my 11 year old giving chase to a thief. Ok in this case it turned out fine, but in the UK theres a high chance the thief would seriously hurt the child, I wouldn't be ok with her running off with a crutch of mine to try and stop some crim, it's not worth it.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Sweet, he got pwnd , too bad she never got her iPod back.[/citation]

The police confiscated it as evidence for crimes against good taste after they discovered Miley Cyrus on it.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
[citation][nom]DarkMantle[/nom]It is not so easy for alot of countries, we do have Gun control laws in my country but we have 35,000 cops for 35 million people, that's 1/1000. You can have all the laws you want but if you don't have the means to enforce them, then like elel said "Gun control laws only keep guns out of honest people's hands - the criminals don't care". They really don't care, they have them, they use them and they never get caught.[/citation]

How does this stop the criminal from having an illegally purchased gun? You cannot say with a doubt that the criminal would NOT have a gun can you?

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Try to enter my house and you will see the business end of my AR-15, or a very bright flashlight if its dark... Only for a few second tho, thing will go black very fast.

Want to stay alive? Dont try to get what is not yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.