Giving Away Free Google Home Minis Is the Dumbest Idea Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksmith21006

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
But also unnecessary. Google started 2 years late and already now has the lead position.

"Move over, Amazon Echo. Google Home now sits upon the smart speaker throne"

Why on earth would they give them away?

We started with an Echo and now have several Google Homes. It is really no contest.

Jun 30, 2018
I think you fail to realize that Amazon shopping is only popular in the US. In Europe Google is hugely popular where as Amazon is just one online retailer among many. In Europe you don't get free Prime shipping, Amazon is not cheaper or quicker and trying to buy anything there at least half the time ends in Amazon telling me the stuff I'm tying to buy can't be shipped to my location. On the other hand a voice assistant that plays nice with my Android phone and Chromecast is hugely valuable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jameswantanswer Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
E Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 0
N Android Smartphones 2
S Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 5
G Android Smartphones 9
P Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
henrytcasey Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 0
PhilipMichaels Android Smartphones 1
Similar threads
Question my phone gives vcalendar permission to send email invitations without my knowledge. is that normal?
Question What does it mean on my list of downloads, it reads "using 9.49g of 9.14g" Not sure what other info to give or how to ask more precisely. Any feedback
Does not give option on Google setting for ads
OnePlus Wants To Give Us Smaller Phones At Last
i lost my phone yesterday the model is j7 pro samsung ,i had give police complaint also but im not confident on them ..pls hel
T-Mobile Giving Away Free Samsung 4K TV with Note 9, Galaxy S9
give me my 2017 to 2018 all old Facebook pictures
I accidentally deleted my dcim folder from my mobiles internal storage plz give me a solution to restore the folder cause I ha
I have a lot of pics on drive but my phone gives me an error when I want to view them. 'Error retrieving additional items'. Pl
My lg rebel 2 is out of internal storage and does not give the option to use sd card as internal storage. What do i do
Moto G4 giving low space when still has loads of space left!
Give me my deleted images
My LG Fiesta just stopped ringing or vibrating when a call comes in it still gives me the alert when I get a message
Every time I try to log in it will only give me my son's account even though I've used my mobile number and my email
When I press power to wipe cache partition on a galaxy s7 edge should it give any feedback?
My friend will not give me her number because she does not want me to do a lyric prank on her and i told her i would not and s
What Is RCS? Google Gives Brands New Way To Text You
Give my phone numbers from Google account because I lost my phone in which I had save my contacts no my phone will b redmy mi
Latest Pixel 2 Leak Gives Us Our Best Look Yet at Google's Phone
Google Will Give You Instant Access to Android Apps

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS