gl553vd fan has no airflow

Nov 25, 2018
my rog gl553vd internal fan is no longer working properly, as it has no airflow at all, as such drops my laptop performance when i comes to playing games. i even cannot play Just Cause 2 with all graphic settings set to the lowest available (the moment my gpu load went over 35%, the game will crash immediately due to heat buildup)

i have brought my laptop to the local service center but instead of repairing, the were rigging my laptop making me unable to use my laptop for standard office use (microsoft office, pdf viewing). because of it, i hope anybody here can give me something or even solve my problem.

Nov 25, 2018

sorry for the long time to reply

i did asked of them to replace the fan, but not only the problem remains unsolved, they on purpose rigged my laptop. at the time i took my laptop from them, they demanded my admin account for some sort of legalization and report that repairs was done.

here is what issues i had after taking my laptop back from service center :
1. the fan still not working (like it was untouched at all)
2. main .exe from ATK Package was removed (i cannot use Fn functions on my keyboard)
3. Certain service was disabled, preventing me to run most applications including office programs
4. after checking installed apps, i found records of infected files during my laptop repair time (something that should be impossible to happen as i actually spent entire night before repair to scan all stored files and no virus or suspicious files to be found)

i have no pirated software in my device. can anybody help me with info for purchasing the original fan and know-how to fix it myself

I would forget the service center then and contact corporate directly. There is no reason what so ever for them to act like that. Unless the device had something it shouldn't have when it was sold to you, which seems rather odd. I would seriously contact them though as if it is under warranty it is on them, and the service center people should not be doing this.

Nov 25, 2018
well, they did, i even pulled the staff's hand to "feel" the airflow. they insist that there is air blowing out from the fan, a few moments later my Fallout : New Vegas crashed due to overheating.

i was so pissed as they are not providing any good services, they rigged my laptop, they tried to fool me by saying that my power setting set on high performance had caused the problem. i actually debated about this and the technician cannot say anything about that.

but enough of that, i personally needed help for a good tutorial to dissasembly my GL553VD and also to find good offer of original parts specifically the fan, considering that there are tons of counterfeits or reconditioned parts floating around as the genuine one.

all that being said, i wanted to thank you beforehand

Nov 25, 2018
i had watched this one though, nice one, but is there any link for the manufacturer? i was kind of confused for that one