GoDaddy Reconsiders, Decides to No Longer Support SOPA

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
[citation][nom]hetneo[/nom]digicert.com verisign.com starfieldtech.com rapidssl.com and so on.[/citation]

verisign.com is horribly expensive...
Anyone know if namecheap's Comodo SSL certs are 2048-bit? Digicert seems to push 2048-bit and SHA certificates...

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Boycott is good to see but if this passes (and it will) I might drop my internet all together. This is just getting way out of hand and I'm not just talking about the internet.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
I hope Go Daddy feels the company. They supports sopa, it doesn't matter if they reform their policy now or not they don't deserve to be an Internet.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Worthless really this isn't any sort of victory. Of course they are going to tell the consumer what they want to hear even more so after a large amount of discontent was expressed. However behind closed doors nothing has changed at all.

What they will do to allure those who left is mention they dropped support for the bill, and then offer those who left some sort of discount for a period of time.

G

I already transferred my domains to a different registrar last week because GoDaddy permanently lost my trust with their initial SOPA support. Their interface sucks anyway, and I had only been staying with them to avoid the hassle of transferring.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
A change of heart when business becomes shaky. So then, when consumers forgive them and return I'm sure GoDaddy would again pull a stupid move like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS