Going out of my mind! (Looking to buy Gaming Laptop ~1500)

Jaegur

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
1. What is your budget? Under 1700, including taxes and shipping.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17in

3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5. How much battery life do you need? The usual

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? MGS V, WoW, Witcher 3, all on High

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1tb at least

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I don't even know if I've posted here or not. I've seen so many model numbers and specs and benchmarks the past few days that I dream about them. I don't know if I should buy now, or wait to see what the prices are like after MSI releases new machines with Skylake.

Help!

You're asking for a pink unicorn. Either the laptop is portable or it will play those games on high. If portability is the deciding factor, you'll have to use a 960m or similar with i7 U series (and need to use medium/low). If you want performance, you'll end up with a pretty heavy machine that I wouldn't call "portable" (but not necessarily a brick), but you should be looking at i7 H series with 980M.

Jaegur

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Mainly I just said portable because I have a gaming rig at home, this is just for when I'm away from home the few days a week that I have to be away, lol.