Good cheap Headphones

jango_22

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014
Im looking for a good high quality headphones not made in the new style with amped base, i just want a good pair of over-ear headphones that i can use with my usb mic so i dont just have a dangling cord from my headset where the mic would plug in.

Solution
I would try a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50s. They have a small soundstage which can be a drawback for gaming, but they should make for decent monitor headphones.

If you needed something cheaper I would look into the Sony MDR7506.

Or if you wanted an open back pair of headphones you could look into the Sennheiser HD 558. It should have a wider soundstage than the two mentioned above, but will also have less bass.

BlueFireZ

Estimable

What Zicroben is very true, you cant be like " i want some good headphones ", we cant answer that question. That is pretty much the criteria you need.

jango_22

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014

Well I use a samson meteor mic with a pair of logitech G230's and feel like i could be sacrificing sound quality by spending extra money for headphones with not as good sound quality but a built in mic, when i don't use a built in mic. And my price range is less than $120

jango_22

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014

Im in the us, Im on amazon and newegg alot and $120- $60 (i don't want crappy cheap) i now realize I wasn't very specific with my question sorry for any confusion. i have looked at things like sennheiser and audio technica but i don't know what will be best for the price among these and other companies.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Depends what you plan to use the headphones for. If it's for gaming, I'd look into a decent pair open over the ear headphones. Open headphones will have a wide sound stage which would help if it's for gaming. They also tend to be more clear and detailed than closed back headphones, however since they are open they lack noise isolation and also will will be less bassy compared to closed back headphones.

I had the Audio Technica ATH M50s and they went for around $120 new, but occasionally you can find them for around $100 on amazon/ebay. Very solid pair of headphones with good bass response, but they did have a smaller soundstage which wouldn't make them the best for gaming.

jango_22

Estimable
Sep 14, 2014

yeah i plan to use them for gaming and later on music creation, and currently still some sound mixing.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
I would try a pair of Audio Technica ATH M50s. They have a small soundstage which can be a drawback for gaming, but they should make for decent monitor headphones.

If you needed something cheaper I would look into the Sony MDR7506.

Or if you wanted an open back pair of headphones you could look into the Sennheiser HD 558. It should have a wider soundstage than the two mentioned above, but will also have less bass.

Solution