Good FTP file app

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwartzasher

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I am looking for an FTP app for an android phone that can share my files with another android device or pc or iphone/ipad. I am then looking for a good FTP client for my iPad that can index my files into music or videos or pictures so that I can play all my music from my phone on my ipad right from the FTP app without having to go to each folder to load the album.

Solution
FTP is a simply point A to point B file transfer protocal it does not know or care what is a movie file or a music file. FTP can not play, catalog or do anything with media besides trasnfer it.

If this is locally (as in both devices are connected to the same wifi network), then install BubbleUPNP on your android phone and share your media collection.
Then you can use BubbleUPNP or other DLNA app on your client phones/pcs/iOS devices to see the music collection.

If the PC is a desktop then running it off of that with windows media player handling the dlna would frankly be a more easy to manage option then off of a mobile phone.
FTP is file transfer protocol, not a streaming one. If you want to listen to music on the iPad, using FTP, you will first have to copy it over to your iPad.

There are DLNA servers available for Android (Kodi comes into my mind), and with DNLA client on your iPad, you should be able to listen to your music.

FTP is a simply point A to point B file transfer protocal it does not know or care what is a movie file or a music file. FTP can not play, catalog or do anything with media besides trasnfer it.

If this is locally (as in both devices are connected to the same wifi network), then install BubbleUPNP on your android phone and share your media collection.
Then you can use BubbleUPNP or other DLNA app on your client phones/pcs/iOS devices to see the music collection.

If the PC is a desktop then running it off of that with windows media player handling the dlna would frankly be a more easy to manage option then off of a mobile phone.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.