Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a laptop that will run games like SWTOR, WOW and Diablo 3 pretty well, nice graphics and little lag. I don't intend on playing games like Skyrim, bf3 or cod. I'm just looking for a laptop that'll play MMOs pretty well for under $1000. Thanks for the help.
If getting the HP DV6t Quad Edition, you should ensure that your configuration includes two upgrades: The 1920x1080 display, and the GT 650M.
You should not buy an HP DV6t Quad Edition in any configuration that includes the stock 1366x768 display. 15.6" 1366x768 displays and 17.3" 1600x900 displays make things onscreen large, and tend to have very poor image quality due to low contrast because these low-resolution displays are cheaply manufactured. I recommend against buying laptops that have this type of display to those who have a budget that allows them to get a suitable laptop that has a better display, and don't require larger text for eyesight-related reasons.
The GT 650M is considerably faster than the base-option GT 630M. Get the 1GB version of the GT 650M, because the 2GB memory upgrade will not make a considerable difference for gaming.
Follow this link to the configuration page, then select "Windows 7" under "Operating System". Without further modification, it will be $949 no tax. The primary differences between the Sager NP6165 and the HP DV6t Quad Edition are:
- The Sager NP6165 has a glossy 1920x1080 display, and the HP has a matte 1920x1080 display. But, if you so choose, you can upgrade the Sager's display to the 95% NTSC color gamut matte option, which is matte like the HP's display and also supersedes the HP's display in color saturation.
- The base CPU for the Sager NP6165 is a Core i5, while the base CPU for the DV6t Quad Edition is a Core i7-3610QM. If necessary, the Sager's CPU can be upgraded to match the HP's CPU.
- The Sager's price does not require sales tax. Factoring in the HP's sales tax, you can get either the 95% NTSC color gamut matte display upgrade, or the Core i7-3610QM display upgrade, and the Sager's price will be similar to the HP's 650M+1920x1080+coupon base price.
- The Sager does not offer a backlit keyboard or mSSD cache.
- The HP's audio might be a bit better.