Solved! Good Headphones with a Large Soundstage

amulsingh01

Estimable
May 29, 2016
I bought the Audio Technica Ath-ad900x which sounded good and I enjoyed the large sound stage for gaming, but it was extremely uncomfortable on my head. I'm looking for recommendations for similar headphones that do not need an amp for around a budget of <$200. Thanks in advance.

Solution
D
The Philips Fidelio X2HR can be had for ~$145 on Amazon. Huge soundstage and very good imaging. No amp needed. They're one of the best values in the headphone world at that price. They also have very good bass for an open back dynamic.

The Sennheiser HD599 or Amazon specific 599SE are also options but they're overpriced right now due to the pandemic. They've been as low as $99 for the SE. They're also a solid value at ~$150ish but I wouldn't pay more. Lighter and more comfortable than the X2's.
D

Deleted member 217926

The Philips Fidelio X2HR can be had for ~$145 on Amazon. Huge soundstage and very good imaging. No amp needed. They're one of the best values in the headphone world at that price. They also have very good bass for an open back dynamic.

The Sennheiser HD599 or Amazon specific 599SE are also options but they're overpriced right now due to the pandemic. They've been as low as $99 for the SE. They're also a solid value at ~$150ish but I wouldn't pay more. Lighter and more comfortable than the X2's.

Solution