Good isolation headphones?

strizic

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
i'm looking for new headphones. sound quality doesn't bother me too much, i'm fine with my default iphone headphones, but what i need is good isolation form environment noises. they are not really loud, it's manly fans on my computer but when i watch movies even slightest noise annoys me.

anti-duck

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
Takstar Pro80's are excellent, they're what the HyperX Cloud and Qpad QH headsets are based on. I have the semi-open version of the Pro 80's (HI-2050) which the Qpad QH-85 is based on and although they are semi-open, they still block a lot of noise and are quite a bit cheaper than the Pro80, although the Pro80's are completely closed, are better for movies and gaming and the isolation is brilliant.

strizic

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014

hmmm, as far as i can see, that's headset, i need just headphones.

too expensive. maybe something cheaper?

this could work, not too expensive. gonna read some reviews and see if it's available in shop.

i'm open to more suggestions. :)

anti-duck

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
It depends how much you want to spend really, there are the Audo-Technica M20X, M30X, M40X, and the top end M50X (and limited edition M50XDG), Shure 440's, Lenco HP-080, Goldring NS-1000, Blackbox M10-RB, JVC HA-NC250 with active noise cancellation, but my personal favourites in their respective price bracket are the Takstar Pro80's.

strizic

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014

the reason i didn't state the budget is that prices in my country are much different than in usa. here these things cost almost two times more than in usa.
but for the sake of discussion, let say the budget is 80$.

what do you think about these? i read some positive reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-429-Headphones-Black/dp/B005N8W1Q0

they are just little bit under 100$ in my country.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Yes, it is unfortunately very important that you write the budget and where do live. :)
HD429 is not bad for the price but 2 years ago I got ATH-M50 on CyberMonday (Black Friday in USA) for about USD90.
When that BlackMonday will start again, I think it should not be far from today, I dunno 2-3 months? if you are willing to wait, it is wise to hold on until then.
If you need the headphone fast, HD429 is not bad.

strizic

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014

i live in eastern europe so there's no blackmondays or any other sale days so it doesn't really matter. online buying isn't option either since the shipping from us costs almost as a product. i will look into hd429 and takstar pro 80.