Google Acquires 3rd-Party iOS Email Service Sparrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Can they use these people to make a better inbox on the Android.. Seriously, Android's inbox has t be the worst on the market...

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Five people - $25 million acquisition. That's the right way to expand, not reinvent the wheel (badly) with stuff like Google+.[/citation]

Offtopic, but what don't you like about Google+? I find the G+ circles to be much easier to use than Facebook's groups. And I greatly prefer the G+ interface over Facebook's (their current one anyway). The only thing I can think of to give to Facebook is their established user base.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Can they use these people to make a better inbox on the Android.. Seriously, Android's inbox has t be the worst on the market...[/citation]

Which version of Android? I like the ICS version a lot better than the GB version. Assuming that you're referring to the stock email app. Still doesn't have a lot of features I guess, but I like it.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]of the way[/nom]Offtopic, but what don't you like about Google+?[/citation]

What I don't like about Google+ is that it was an attempt by Google to muscle in on a market using their money and influence. It was a top-down initiative formulated in some boardroom and based on financial and business considerations, instead of being a product of enthusiasm, innovation and technical brilliance (like the Google search engine was for example).

When a small company gets bought up for a lot of money like Sparrow in this case, it gives huge incentives to other developers to try to make it on their own, instead of hoping to ace a job interview at Google or wherever.

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Makes me really think, is Google purposely trying to undermind iOS third-party application providers?[/citation]

Like Apple bought the SIRI developers and made it an Apple only app?

Status
Not open for further replies.