Google Allows Android Tethering Outside U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Take a dose of your own medicine USA. That will teach you not to give non-residents contests, or give the world Zune Marketplace and the ability to buy iPod apps with Apple giftcards.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Considering there was a news story on here not long ago about T-Mobile releasing a new 3G-Modem, I'm not surprised they yanked those apps. No reason to undermine your own business.

It might be nice, but I'm still not sure where I would have adequate 3G access and not have WiFi. Airports may charge for Wifi, but like your going to get a meaningful 3G signal sharing a tower with 10,000 other cell phones.

Does anyone use Cell-phone tethering other than to avoid paying for Wi-Fi or home internet access?

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Considering there was a news story on here not long ago about T-Mobile releasing a new 3G-Modem,[/citation]

Wtf, T-Mobile are building 3g-modems? Are you sure they are not just providing the serivce?

MJRSnyder

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
i think tethering should be free your paying for the service already so why should you not be able to view the same thing on a bigger screen?

cl_spdhax1

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
they sell modems on their website, i think they are using the 3g service (but not sure), because tmobile also provides a home telephone service.

Status
Not open for further replies.