Google and Verizon Announce Android Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Hm. I wonder if Google has a special "Verizon" version of their OS that strips down most of the cool features so Verizon can have it's silly propriety tools plugged in there. Google, unlike Apple, probably has no problem selling Verizon a specific "Verizon version" of the Android OS. More sales are more sales.

I dropped Verizon because of the way they handle headsets but if this is a true Android device that might be signaling a change in direction for the company. Rumor has it the Palm Pre is heading over to Verizon as well... when that happens I'll probably jump ship and head back over.

thbrett

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Oh God Yes!!!... So sick of the crappy phones Verizon has, have had the same phone for 4 years because they did not have anything worth getting.

thbrett

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Oh God Yes!!!... So sick of the crappy phones Verizon has, have had the same phone for 4 years because they did not have anything worth getting.

G

If they don't lock out out the cool features and cripple it like Verizon normally does, I will definitely upgrade.

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I've heard rumors elsewhere that three different Andriod phones will be hitting Verizon this year. The Omnia 2 looks amazing, but I've always been a fan of Google stuff so maybe I'll have to wait and see what happens. I haven't tried Android personally yet, but online reviews look pretty dang cool.

Hitokage

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
I'm actually already planning to get one of their new Android phones, it'd be awesome to see an open-source-ish (ish being hopeful for Verizon) OS on a Verizon phone.

I'll miss my LG Voyager though.

Status
Not open for further replies.