Google Caught Overcharging for Pixel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew.schloemer

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
"To be clear" your headline is a bold faced lie and you know it. Victra was overcharging and Google offered to reimburse people out of their own pocket? The only egg on anyone's face should be yours. Those who can't write articles worth reading write clickbait. Quickly losing respect for Tom's after articles like this.

mojoeherb

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
Some of there articles are even showing some signs of bias towards Apple & Samsung. This why I take their article with a grain of salt; it ain't all that trustworthy. They need to step up on right unbias articles of just get deh stepping

dylankarzen

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
I agree with the previous comments. Google is clearly not trying to make $30 extra profit on these phones, the resellers are. The headline is deceptive.

aland.tinsley1

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
Interesting, people commenting on this article reminded me about a youtube video from AdoredTV where he suspects Tom's Hardware to be biased towards Intel products as well. Now I've known about their website and read a few articles over the years it's only recently their bias has been so obvious. Darker times are afoot I expect so everything must be taken with a grain of salt. This article included since it was the mom and pop retailer over charging not Google directly. Google is a little shady in a whole lot of things lately but this one goes in Googles favor.

jeffofficedesktop

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
The Verizon corporate stores add a $30.00 upgrade fee. This is itemized on the invoice. So Victra,
as stated on their website "Victra is the leading exclusive premium retailer for Verizon", is probably following suite. But then they got caught, because it isn't an upgrade if Victra didn't sell to the customer before. So, "Ooops, we're sorry, shouldn't have happened that we were caught". Don't forget, Verizon is as Verizon does.

Status
Not open for further replies.