Google CEO: We Create Enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
Next April 1st (2011) I'm sure we will find out their insidious intentions?
Google "pwns You" - Street view goes real time... lasers ensue.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
It is funny, but they keep calling the Google Tablet a giant phone because it uses Android. Last I checked, the iPad IS a giant iPhone or iPod Touch, they are virtually the same, however the specs for the Google pad is not out yet. Perhaps it will have an Intel processor in it.

bass taped

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Just in: Google renames itself and all subsidiaries "Umbrella". Slated for 2013, the United States plans to rename itself Raccoon City and become one united city front. City and State officials deem this sale as "profitable" and the proposed "revolutionary institutions" will help to find cures for disease and other ailments. No further news has been released, however most World Leaders agree this is a smart move and could help benefit the world's population.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Information is only "powerful" if you know it's context, what your looking for, and what to do with it.

Beyond that is just words and letters and symbols. Of course Mr. Schmidt is in the business of information so I'm sure he'd like to oversell it's importance to everyone.

If anyone or any governing body fears information, then they are already on a very tenuous foundation ... and this defines most religions and governments ... hence why we humans appear to be in a constant state of war.

However, Google is merely a more efficient tool -- it's hard to determine if the tool will help sustain human life or help extinquish human life. But there is only so much habitable space on this planet and we're already very efficient at creating global environmental changes which is leading a pathway to inevitable war/conflict if the ignorance continues.

Bluescreendeath

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]bass taped[/nom]Just in: Google renames itself and all subsidiaries "Umbrella". Slated for 2013, the United States plans to rename itself Raccoon City and become one united city front. ...[/citation]
Naw, Google is about information, IT, and tech - not biotech.

Google will rename itself Weyland-Yutani Corporation, or Tyrell Corporation.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Did you see how their offices look like? They have slides!! If they take over the world and make it a giant Googleplex then I salute my new overlords.

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
When you are at the front, everyone has to talk behind your back.. And as far as the image question goes, why not have a public opinion on it..!!

ngom52

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Google might one day end up like the Dutch East India Company in the colonial era, having quasi-governmental powers, able to collect taxes, wage war and all

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]ngom52[/nom]Google might one day end up like the Dutch East India Company in the colonial era, having quasi-governmental powers, able to collect taxes, wage war and all[/citation]

Oh no, God forbid.

Status
Not open for further replies.