Google Co-Founder Reveals He is "Substantially Predisposed" to Parkinsons Diseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

majmac

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I am predisposed to dying some time in the future and I do not need to pay an American capitalist hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars to tell me that!
This is just a blatant spin on his part to promote his capitalist wife's company. Now, if this test was given to the 'poor and dispossessed' (Remember them America?) free of charge, then I may read further.

Fulgrymm

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Agreed. The wealth of an individual should not be a factor when judging whether someone is eligible for a test.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
So he supports research into Parkinson's disease because he is likely to get it? Can I also assume he support cure/treatments that cost 1 billion? Gates and Buffet are a rarely in the world of ultra rich.

G

whatever u say if he poured his wealth into the research of parkinsonism it may well be for the good. i think he got enough money to not 2worry about google adsense detecting enough ad for his blog.

G

Everyone is predisposed to some disease and face death in some points in their lives. There are plenty of disease to go around for the R&D money. I would advocate for putting money into find cues for children disease instead of the adults. And the google dude, you got your chance - die off and let some younger generation come and do theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.