Google Details GPU Acceleration for Chrome 7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jplarson[/nom]As hardware manufacturers are putting the GPU and CPU together on the same die, software devs are getting the discrete GPU to take some of the load off the CPU.Reminds me of a comic that shows two trucks full of lumber passing each other on a highway.[/citation]

Where is the logic here? Long ago the FPU was a separate chip for the Intel architecture. So in that respect you may criticize against the integration of the FPU into the CPU?
I think it is a natural process. People need computing power: video adapters are no more just DACs etc.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]Browsers are getting too advanced, imo. I don't know, I'm fine with just using my browser to... browse. I've never run into any "performance" issues with Firefox or Chrome.[/citation]

Browsers age becoming de facto operating systems just as Windows or Linux are. Of course the idea and the goals are a little bit different, that's what's basically happening and I think it's for good. It gives more options to the users.

renixis_infinity

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
this can really improve some browsing speed slowdowns on some
Chrome is fast but some juicing it up for some online apps can help or maybe I meant Facebook apps :p

but for the lolz

So a Crysis Browser game will exist then? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.