Google Dives Into Music Business With Google Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I don't foresee me using this service at all. I was hopping for something more like Spotify, I never used Itunes and this just seems like a googleised version of Itunes. They could have done something so much more. It lacks real innovation....in fact whole it's a generation behind, there are new music models that have cropped up that they aren't addressing.

doopus

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
I was definitely interested in trying this out, but it's not available in Canada. Should have seen this coming. :/

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]I don't foresee me using this service at all. I was hopping for something more like Spotify, I never used Itunes and this just seems like a googleised version of Itunes. They could have done something so much more. It lacks real innovation....in fact whole it's a generation behind, there are new music models that have cropped up that they aren't addressing.[/citation]

explain to me how thats better than owning something of a song? from what i see, its not a step forward, its at best a step to the left, its an alturnative.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]explain to me how thats better than owning something of a song? from what i see, its not a step forward, its at best a step to the left, its an alturnative.[/citation]

Convenience. With your logic you shouldn't buy anything digital, you should just buy CDs, which is actually my preference. The reason I use Spotifiy instead of buying music is two fold. One, I spend 2+ hours in the car every day, My car lighter socket doesn't work and using Spotify in offline mode saves a ton of battery life. Second, I want to try lots of different music, I don't want to have to buy a whole bunch of CDs to find out I don't care for them. This is the best legal option. Amazon and Itunes does not cover that area.

If I actually feel like supporting a specific artist, which I do, I don't buy a digital download, I buy their CD.

What Amazon should have done was combine the two models.

gti88

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Unly for US. Bummer!
I hate those stupid outdated "copyright" laws that make impossible buying couple of songs, which I want, online. Instead, if I'm lucky to find specified albums on ebay, I'll have to order 2 CD-s from Hong-Kong for $25 just to get two tracks!
It just doesn't make any sense.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
The desktop app for uploading is far superior to having to manually upload all those files!

That said, a web upload option couldn't hurt for people who only want to upload a limited number or fine selection of songs.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
So this actually happened, eh? All during fierce competition from iTunes and Amazon Music.

It's as if Google's trying to jump in front of the train willingly...

Status
Not open for further replies.