Google Gets Green Light to Buy, Sell Electricity

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Except that their terminators would be fighting against Apple and Microsoft rather than humanity.[/citation]
drinking contest with steve jobs?

lilwillis

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
great, so the next time I go to change the thermostat there will be a stupid underline for the temperature readout. If I mistakenly push the underlined numbers I will be whisked away to some stupid advertisement for green energy solutions or some crappy website advising me on the most optimal temperature setting for my area. Then my information will be sold to advertisers around the world with my home address that will send me spam snail mail with energy conservation pamphlets wanting me to buy stuff. crap crap crap!

lilwillis

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]Google enron ehhh...[/citation]
I didn't think about that but they would actually be fulfilling the exact roll that Enron used to play in the market.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]Definitly sounds like monopoly in many ways.[/citation]
Except that Google is proven to be a trustworthy company.
They are becoming extremely powerful, but for now, they're keeping it under control.
I don't want to see the day when Google loses control though (mainly corruption and greed).

I hate my power company, They sent me a random $800 bill for absolutely nothing. Twice. They cut my power in the middle of winter (we have an old wood stove luckily, or we would have had to rent a hotel because of the cold). We couldn't do anything about it because the power company is owned by the city...
If I saw Google Energy listed locally, I'd hop onto it like a cheap hooker on a rich guy.

pertshire

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I didn't realised google is becoming a mega corporation. I hope they don't end up like the Dutch East India Company. Corrupt business people with standing army.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
or johnny i have no sense of humor lucky.. They are making fun of the artical with some world domination movie plots because google is taking over everything :D

At least google has always thought everything should be free as long as people advertise with them only.

thayli

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Indeed. A lot of google stuff is open source and more accessible than Apple and Microsoft software.

I really lolled at "Google becomes self-aware". =D

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Now i can search for the cheapest electricity, email it to that Apple fanboy next to me and zap his Mac. Can't wait to hear those Windows pop too. Well, more like "Bing!"

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]city_zen[/nom]Whatever happened to the goats? They don't need no 'lectricity ...[/citation]

Yeah but how do you use goats as a cover for taking over the world??

G

Apple Microsoft Google etc.All these corporations give more and more power to US.And as history has proven us,this leads to war..
Maybe Hitler wasn't so bad after all.What do you think?

G

Apple Microsoft Google etc.All these corporations give more and more power to US.And as history has proven us,this leads to war..
Maybe Hitler wasn't so bad after all.At least the man was clear about his intentions from the beginning.

llemm

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
[citation][nom]False_Dmitry_II[/nom]God, with all of that could it be any more obvious that google's real name is skynet?[/citation]
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]Definitly sounds like monopoly in many ways.[/citation]

You got me LOL'D there

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS