Google Gets Nearly 1.25M Take-Down Requests per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Now if only they'd review crap takedown notices on Youtube. Or better yet, tell those that issue the takedown notices, especially ones related to someone using a damn song in their video, to shove it where the sun don't shine.

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
I'd say this is actually a very positive move on Google's part. They didn't have to do this, but it shows their dedication to their motto, "Don't be evil."

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
[citation][nom]greenrider02[/nom]I'd say this is actually a very positive move on Google's part. They didn't have to do this, but it shows their dedication to their motto, "Don't be evil."[/citation]

I had a lot of respect for Google until they decided to abide by the censorship policy of the Chinese government.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
The author never put the link to googles site. I found a few things interesting like the spike in youtube activity from the 4-8th of April i think it was. Anyways have fun...

http://www.google.com/transparencyreport/

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Easy solution: shut down google or better shut down the internet :D No more internet piracy! And if they kill all PC users there will be no piracy at all! :)

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]Easy solution: shut down google or better shut down the internet No more internet piracy! And if they kill all PC users there will be no piracy at all![/citation]

Instead of PC users it would be better if I wrote: users of computing devices.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
This is an alternative to the DoS attack for Google. Well done copyright holders. Google should be ashamed allowing all the swearing in YouTube video comments by default that any kid can see.

yannickhk

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]I had a lot of respect for Google until they decided to abide by the censorship policy of the Chinese government.[/citation]

That's got to be the most idiotic and misinformed post that I've read in a very long time ...
Google never agreed to anything, that's why they're in Hong Kong now. Plus it is not Google's place to discuss politics. I am an expact in China and here it is, either you accept or you get out, as easy as that. And frankly, if you watch what some copyright holders are doing in the US and the UK (TPB censored), China won't have to be ashamed for long regarding the censorship

robisinho

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
1.25m is a tough amount to comply to. I wish there was a distributed search engine that didnt suck, so we could avoid the bs. -- I should be deciding what search results I dont want to see, not other companies.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Good amount of wasted resources there. Since google does not hold any illegal files itself it shouldn't be their job to be internet content nanny. Send the bill back to MPAA/RIAA.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]happyballz[/nom]Good amount of wasted resources there. Since google does not hold any illegal files itself it shouldn't be their job to be internet content nanny. Send the bill back to MPAA/RIAA.[/citation]

Well, torrent sites do not hold the actual content either and get shut down for providing the links; in a way Google -also without intent- is doing the same.

G

"Well, torrent sites do not hold the actual content either and get shut down for providing the links; in a way Google -also without intent- is doing the same."

Exactly, which is why torrent sites shouldnt be censored either, because it sets this kind of bullshit precedent. What next, sue the internet providers for allowing pirated material to cross through their networks? Sue computer manufacturers for allowing pirated material to flow through their harddrives and monitors?

NO, you sue the INFRINGER and thats it. But it would cost the **AA too much money to sue individuals endlessly for all time, so they'er going for bigger targets. FUCK THEM.

The requests targeted more than 24,000 websites that contained pirated copyrighted material, almost half of which belonged to Microsoft.
Microsoft should stop maintaining all of those pirate sites!

(yes, I know what the writer meant to say, but the "which" is ambiguous in its antecedent. And I really did read it this way the first time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.