Google Glass Specs CPU, RAM Exposed via ADB

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru_urug

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I'd say the specs are pretty impressive. The author is forgetting the form factor of this device! All that tech packed into an area much smaller than that of a cellphone/tablet. Consdering it matches upto the 2nd gen kindle fire is commendable. And this is just the 1st iteration of this one of a kind device. The consumer edition launched next year should contain beefier specs.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
This will be far more impressive with a 28nm chip, or heck 20nm or maybe a 14nm intel something. :) I really don't think this will take off much with places blocking you for having one on and a phone that does so much more already in your pocket. I really can't see me wanting one of these unless just for farting around and the cost was under $200. Otherwise I'd rather wait until they can do far more and have a much better chip in them. I don't think I'll pay attention to these until 20nm or smaller. By then the cost might make it useful to me and maybe it can replace a phone for most stuff then too.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I plan on getting some oversized sunglasses, sort of like the wrap arounds old people use over their eyeglasses. That'll keep anyone from seeing my eyes when I do the weird zone out thing people are talking about. It'll also keep them from knowing I'm using Google glass at all. They'll just think I'm some weirdo with dark specs.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Nah, your tinfoil hat should work just fine....

Truckinupga

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
I don't know, I'm sure there are those that are excited about this product. Different strokes and all. But for me at best its just not that interesting, I'll take a pass.

Icecweam7

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Amazing how much Goolge can fit into some glass. Can they be tinted? Can I get a frame style like Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge?

smeezekitty

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012

This is exactly what I thought. Not being allowed to _loan_ it is totally absurd and over the top. I suppose this means you could not even let a friend try it (not even for a minute)?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Not so. You need to read the whole agreement. You can't make money off of it, basically, this is a prototype device that you as a developer paid to get access to and be able to explore it's capabilities, tweak your apps for it and so on. Of course you could let a friend try it, the device doesn't know who's wearing it. That is, assuming you are willing to let your friend try your 1500 bucks device.
People that bought this are developers that are interested to be first on the market with Glass-oriented apps, and this gave them this opportunity. Or at least that's the majority of people that bought them. Of course, there will be turds among the buyers that just got them to try and make a quick buck, and the killswitch included is Google's way to try to enforce the rules. Nobody forced anyone to buy them in the first place, and hopefully potential second-hand buyers will be deterred by the existence of such a switch.

@ otacon:

I guess it's a good thing you didn't get one, then. Otherwise, good luck with that lawsuit. Obviously you don't even understand the concept behind this device's TOS. But hey, never miss a chance to troll on Google and Android, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.