Google Hinting to More Google Fiber Rollouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Considering we're at half the speed for twice the price of many other countries, we need someone in the ISP business that knows how to do business. Current ISP executives seem to be completely incompetent.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Bring it to California. I'm paying hefty $36/mo for 3mbps Cox.[/citation]That's a pretty good deal. It's $45 a month for the most basic in my area, but the speeds are suppose to be much better. $69.99 for the next tier up.

edgewood112358

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Reading this makes my cry a little on the inside... as I wait close to an hour for a 100MB steam client update on my 1.5 Mb/sec connection

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
here in indianapolis i pay like 54 dollars a month for 18Mbit service.. through At&t
with that kind of speed you could run multiple streams of 1080p streaming content which would be awesome .. something you can pretty much only do with an in house media server at the moment.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]So you can steal the copper out of the connection boxes?[/citation]
You do realize Detroit generally refers to the metro area as well which by all means is not the same as Detroit. Also, if you follow what's going on in Detroit, it's been getting better and I believe we're on the path to revitalization (might still take 5-10 years).

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]hewettbr[/nom]bring it to detroit[/citation]

Screw detroit, How about the entire nation. :D ( I know, wishful thinking. It's would be many years before the nation gets that high of speed)

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Live in Kansas City, and my Dad is signed up to get it. Have'n't heard of anybody actually having the fiber yet. It'll be nice though to come home from school and go to his house to download stuff.

hiruu

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
"The LA Times reports that during Google's fourth-quarter earnings call, CEO Larry Page and CFO Patrick Pichette made it perfectly clear that its Google Fiber project in Kansas City is not a ""hobby", that the search engine giant plans to extend its"

But is it profitable? Google kills me with the stuff they do. It will be interesting to see what happens if they ever start getting competition in the search market revenue arena.

curiosul

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
[citation][nom]LemonMeringueTy[/nom]Baltimore sucka![/citation]
Sadly so. And to think that Verizon stopped Fios expansion because it's not worth it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.