Question hdhomerun tv box questions

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
we just got frontier fiber internet and no tv with it. i have an antenna on the roof. and a firestick. how does the hdhomerun tv box fit into this type of setup or am i better off just using both remotes. also does the hdhome run have some type of tv guide that does not need to be paid for all the time.

i understand tv is going to astc 3.0 and that is going to be some type of pay for local tv so then i may just stop using the local tv channels as i will not pay for them and have all those tv commercials they have.

Aug 5, 2023
Integrating an hdhomerun with your Frontier fiber and roof antenna and firestick could simplify your setup by streaming over-the-air TV channels directly to your devices, potentially reducing the need for multiple remotes. hdhomerun offers a free TV guide, with more advanced features available through a subscription. as for ATSC 3.0, while it will enhance broadcast TV, basic local channels should remain free. Using hdhomeRun now prepares you for these future changes without added costs. If you prefer keeping things simple, continuing with your current setup and two remotes is perfectly fine too.