Google Home Mini vs. Echo Dot: Which Cheap Smart Speaker Wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d5115r

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
Google Home *does* allow Bluetooth audio streaming and playback, but it must be enabled in the Home app's settings first.

jacksmith21006

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
This is a pretty whacked review. In the end these devices are about their assistants, I purchased and Echo late in 2014 and now have several Google Homes.

The two assistants are not comparable. You memorize and use commands with Alexa and the Google Home you just speak naturally. This makes all the difference in the world and foundational to everything on top.

But then obviously the Google Home has access to much more information than Alexa.

So in the end everything else takes a back seat as how you interact with it is voice.

But do have to say if you think the design of the Dot is better than the Google Mini then I would like to have what you are smoking. I would say that it might be just a difference in opinion but that would require it being close.

compubyte2010

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
WOW .. whoever wrote this article isn't Bias at all.. and it doesn't show at all throughout this article (he says sarcastically)
Seriously? because RIGHT NOW. amazon has $5 off it WINS.. just we can get another POINT / SCORE for the echo?? Oh wait.. Google has a discount now for $19+ Off . so do they win that one?
and Oh come on! seriously? THe Hockey puck design Wins .. 1st off you don't ever have to touch google Home or mini to turn the volume up or down. just tell it to turn the volume up or down.
and well. others have already mentioned some other things. but seriously 4 buttons to adjust volume works design wise better than just touching the left or right side? so if they Dumbed it down for you, and put marks on the left and right for volume, you'd be ok with that? Is there anything else we can do to dumb things down in the world for you?

tvjake2

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Another article asked each unit to answer the same 45 questions. Dot 18/45, Mini 25/45. Guess who won....

Status
Not open for further replies.