Google Home Needed?

noblitorator

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Why will I even need it? Can't I just use google assistant thats being built into my watch, tablet, phone, nexus player, old spare phone connected to wifi and every other turned on android device I have lying around? I'm guessing they'll even use the Assistant service to play nice with chromecast. I'm a walking, sitting, google microphone already

Solution
Well, if you are only wanting to use it for music, why not just go Bluetooth speaker from any of your devices? Then you just need the device to change what you hear, but you can have speakers anywhere in the home.
I don't think anyone would 'need' it. Also, google assistant is not actually a part of home, it is just something you can use on top of/with home. I can see why some people might want it, and I see some of the perks, but personally I like looking up things and finding out the answers myself. Also there is this little thing about privacy, as in how much you would give up.

noblitorator

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Exactly my point. I don't need a GH, but will want one for music speaker, but I already have my house littered with old phones and tablets that will be receivers for Assistant anyway.