Question How to wirelessly connect projector with Chromecast to soundbar?

Nov 29, 2022
Hi, I have been searching for an answer to this but no one seems to have the same situation.

My setup:
- Projector at the back of the room, with Chromecast as the input source. I cast to the Chromecast from my phone.

ViewSonic Pro7827HD with 3.5mm out, USB power out, HDMI in, HDMI/MHL in, plus a compartment for a dongle with HDMI and microUSB for power (this is where the Chromecast is connected).

- Soundbar at the front of the room.

JBL Bar 2.0 with HDMI ARC out, optical, Bluetooth, USB service only, USB-C for a dongle that transmits to the subwoofer. There is no HDMI input, only out, though since it's ARC maybe it can serve as an audio input?

I also have a second Chromecast that could be used as part of the setup. One of them is Gen 1 and the other is Gen 3.

How can I broadcast between the projector and soundbar without running a cable all the way from the back to the front of the room?

I understand that audio quality over Bluetooth isn't great, but if that's the only way, it would still be an improvement over using the projector's built-in speaker. I thought that the Gen 3 Chromecast has a Bluetooth transmitter that could connect to the soundbar, but I don't see any way to configure that within the Google Home app.

I was also hoping I could use the Chromecasts to transmit over wifi, if not Bluetooth.

I have tried plugging a Chromecast into the HDMI on the soundbar, but haven't figured out a way for the source Chromecast on the projector to recognize the soundbar Chromecast as an audio device. Would I need a Google Home device to act as a hub?

Thanks for your help!

Nov 29, 2022
3.5 mm bluetooth adapter on the audio out on the projector, link to bluetooth on the soundbar. https://www.newegg.com/taotronics-t...3Dt4qMtbhwoVpx-UkkkPc6g8gPVFfshwaAtfdEALw_wcB

Thanks. I was hoping to avoid the 3.5mm because the quality of the output from the projector is noticeably bad. Sent over Bluetooth, I'm afraid it'll sound even worse. But if that's the only reasonable way to do it, that's what I'll do.

I also ordered a new Chromecast with Google TV because I read that version can transmit Bluetooth. I'm thinking that would be better than degrading the audio quality through the 3.5mm output. I'll update here if that works.