Google Kills Google Shoot View, the Street View-based FPS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seab4ss

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
^ If it can be made someone will make it. Especially if it offends (these days of the internet and all). Anyway who cares i gotta get back to BF3...

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
To: Freyjaschosen,
Absolutely agree - had the same idea around 2002 - so you're first but my incorporated a backpack including a PC and those projecting glasses that would render the game's action on top of normal view around a person. Link all that with GPS receiver to track each player and you can run around your neighborhood with a plastic gun and "see" normal traffic, other people and everything with the exception of other players whose actions would be rendered on top of the real life view - augmented reality FPS in other words... It would look a bit stupid to run around with a gun, let alone coppers stopping you from time to time - but imagine the income from all the fans getting in agreement with local authorities to run a tournament across certain, well marked area of the town for like 3-4 hours...

Mikez

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]mag... not so much, i believe its called Planetside is the only mmofps that i know of, and it suffered due to sever fragmentation on its expansion. a true mmo fps would be awesome.[/citation]
True you cannot go out and explore the world in MAG, but it can support up to 128 players in one match. Now that is MMO on PS3. Just because it's not in ones' browser, doesn't necessarily mean it is not a MMO.
And then you have the Battlefield Heros MMO. That is a fun game, but I cannot play it because my internet sucks where I live and I haven't upgraded my video card since I bought my computer. MMOs will always have a lag issue because of where the server is based or whoever is hosting the game like on PSN or XBox Live.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Mikez[/nom]True you cannot go out and explore the world in MAG, but it can support up to 128 players in one match. Now that is MMO on PS3. Just because it's not in ones' browser, doesn't necessarily mean it is not a MMO.And then you have the Battlefield Heros MMO. That is a fun game, but I cannot play it because my internet sucks where I live and I haven't upgraded my video card since I bought my computer. MMOs will always have a lag issue because of where the server is based or whoever is hosting the game like on PSN or XBox Live.[/citation]

mag has a large player count, but you cant all get together, its realiticly 4-8 matches that happen to be in the same area working tward a goal. i mean battle field 3 had 128 hack, and that i wouldnt consider an mmo... to me an mmo needs a presistant world whether you are there or not, and not in a i win x matches we get this area, i mean we are fighting back in real time to claim an area.

Status
Not open for further replies.