Google Launches Android Retail Shop: Androidland

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Melbourne? Damn.. Means I'd still have to fly there.
Meh it's not that much to fly there from here (Sydney) soo.. Might go there just for fun haha.

Pyree

Distinguished
Never mind. Watched the video and it looks like hte shop is a full fledge Telstra shop with an Android theme. That just kills my mood to visit it. I am not a fan of Telstra at all.

Oh also, just a joke,

"OMG! What is this smell? What product is it for"

"Sorry, I just farted."

LOL!

JeTJL

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Really cool, I like how they arn't copying the Apple Store. Unlike Microsoft who surprisingly has their own similar store to Apple.

Wish we get this soon here in the States.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Love that they finally did this (hope it comes state side) - hate the name though. "Androidland". I feel like a few guys were sitting around trying to think up what to call it, that was the first thing someone said, and everyone else was like "eh, that's good enough". Not very creative, and kind of silly sounding. like it should be part of a national lampoons movie.
Maybe something like "Droidify" or "UDroidia". Hell, partner with Androidcentral.com and call it Android Central - The store.

"Merchandising, Merchandising - spaceballs the tee-shirt, spaceballs the breakfast cerial, spaceballs the FLAME THROWER"!

Pyree

Distinguished
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Closing due to lack of sales / interest in 3...2...1...[/citation]
It would be true if people cares about finding better deal, but a lot of them don't. As which part of the deal is crap, it is not because of the phone, it is Telstra's contract and locking to network that is the crap bit.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Pyree[/nom]It would be true if people cares about finding better deal, but a lot of them don't. As which part of the deal is crap, it is not because of the phone, it is Telstra's contract and locking to network that is the crap bit.[/citation]

There's a reason this is not being done in the United States; it would be the next Gateway store or Dell mall kiosk (a ghost town).

zak_the_great

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
"Designed by Telstra in collaboration with Google and handset makers Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, Motorola and LG, Androidland features displays and games that will help shoppers learn about Android phones and tablets."

Nice concept but it lacks the usefulness of such store compared to Apple Store where one can Buy and get technical support also. for the Android and Microsoft stores all you can do is browse and learn. Wonder how long they can support such concept.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]The first thing I would do when i enter this store is to steal the lovely GIGANTIC LARGE ANDROID.[/citation]
These aren't the droids your looking for.

G

I was there and it is great. And I go there again and have some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.