Google Maps Envelope: Not an April Fool's Joke

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Bum[/nom]Hint - it's probably already April Fools day in Japan...?[/citation]

According to wikipedia (infallible source of information that it is) Google Paper was release on March 30th, 2 days before April Fools, so you never really know.

hack__you

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]This would only seem to work correctly format wise, if you always live West of your intended recipient. Going from East to West would put the location bubble out of place for the correct formatting required by the postal service.[/citation]

you just have to reverse the map

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
The major thing going for this is that yes, this idea actually DOES sound pretty cool; the envelopes, at least. Unfortunately, they're INCREDIBLY impractical as soon as you realize how little they'd work for any letter that was being mailed and sent a direction OTHER than southeast.

Which again, is a shame, 'cuz I'm pretty sure that Google could make a killing somehow even just selling them as novelty-themed envelopes.

G

[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Maybe now USPS would stop delivering my mail to my neighbor's mailbox![/citation]
I had FedEX deliver my package in another *state* and *signed* with a different name. USPS never messed up that bad for me

Status
Not open for further replies.