Google Maps iOS Web App Now Features Street View

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

80% less than maps.google.com, not 80% less than the Google Maps App, and it's stupid to compare anything else. Why not mention how Apple Maps uses 8000% less data than Crysis?

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
zak is a fanboy.

I wouldn't worry about it sargon07. It's obvious to all that using 80% less data would only be relevant if the maps were useful. My map App, santfu's awesome maps, uses 100% less data.

jaquith

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Yes by far I prefer vector mapping, and I apparently am when of the few that recall how bad Google maps were when they first came out. Apple has a huge user base and I have no doubts that the relatively small amount of errors in Apple maps will be corrected and made up-to-date faster than Google's time-frame to correct their errors.

I distinctly remember often needing to use of all things Yahoo maps to find new streets because Google lacked the data.

Google wants their maps up to date to SELL advertising way-points.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"their maps app uses 80 percent less data than Google Maps."

Again, I have a map app that uses 0.1% of the Apple data, it is a blue sphere...
Let's compare equally accurate maps, THAN compare their bandwidth usage.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Don't forget the 80% comparison is also slightly misleading if you use android the google maps app uses vector graphics. So the problem is only directly for Apple, and there is a war going on between Apple and Google after all. So I understand why apple wanted to move away, but with their VAST fortune they should be able to release a usable map app, the comparisons that have been made are not unforeseeable.
Finally, Jaquith, I have never used apple maps so i don't know, but the implication you give is that Apple maps will not have advertising products. Is that true?

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
[citation][nom]santfu[/nom]zak is a fanboy.I wouldn't worry about it sargon07. It's obvious to all that using 80% less data would only be relevant if the maps were useful. My map App, santfu's awesome maps, uses 100% less data.[/citation]
android fanboys are fandroids
apple fanboys are fapples
fapple... haha

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
[citation][nom]au_equus[/nom]android fanboys are fandroidsapple fanboys are fapplesfapple... haha[/citation]
So someone with both products would be a Fappleriod fan? How nice......!

G

A Fappleroid? Sounds like something you should consult your doctor about.

Status
Not open for further replies.